Firestone EPDM Rubber QuickSeam Splice Tape Kit - W56RAC16909L
Genuine Firestone kit for joining EPDM pieces. Enough for 7.6m of lap seaming.
Also sold as "Pondliners Firestone Tape Joiner Kit 7.5m"
Please watch the Instructional Videos below.
Genuine Firestone kit for joining EPDM pieces. Seam roller may vary from image
Fast, simple and easy to install, it requires no heat and no mess as it uses an adhesive tape to join the EPDM rubber liner in six steps.
The kit can join up to 7.6 metres.
- QuickSeam Primer (supplied as either 2x 4fl oz cans or 1x 250ml can)
- QuickSeam Splice Tape (25ft / 7.62 metres)
- QuickSeam Application Tool (handle and pads)
- Roller (may vary from image)
- Complete installation instructions
- For correct application of this tape you must prepare the mating raw EPDM surfaces with QuickPrime Plus EPDM Seam Primer applied with a Scotchbright type plastic scouring pad or Firestone QuickScrubber Tool Set. No other primer liquid is permitted.
- It is critical that the seaming surfaces are not contaminated with sand from the substrate. The use of geotextile underlay or even a 1m wide strip of black builder's plastic under the entire seam if not using underlay will prevent sand contaminants. A rigid board must be dragged along underneath during application if on soft or uneven ground to ensure a solid force can be applied to the seam with the Firestone Seam Rolling Tool. For small on-off jobs the Budget Seam Roller Tool will be sufficient.
- A crayon mark is placed approximately 20mm out from the overlap edge. This means that the placement of the backing tape to this crayon mark will ensure that there is a minimum 5mm of exposed seam tape when the overlap is placed and rolled into position - see in the video below
- When overlapping Seam Splice tape, Firestone Guidelines suggest the application of a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch along with the use of Firestone Lap Sealant HS over the compromised overlap as may have the potential of a capillary leak - see in the video below
- Where multiple panels of EPDM meet resulting in a tee or cross intersection of overlapping QuickSeam Splice tape, Firestone Installation Guidelines suggest the application of a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch along with the use of Firestone LapSealant HS over the compromised overlap as may have the potential of a capillary leak - see in the video below
How to apply 76mm QuickSeam Splice Tape
Please note the important detail during the following video time slots:
- At 1.05 mins, watch tacking of the panels together to eliminate unwanted movement of the panel alignment and reducing possible dust ingress from the substrate.
- At 1.37 mins, watch the crayon mark positioned 20mm from the overlap edge to allow correct positioning of seam tape later. This enables 5-10mm of seam tape to be exposed on completion of the seam. This means that that there will be no unadhered overlap on completion.
- At 1.42 mins, watch how primer is used as a temporary tacking of the overlap. This prevents it being inadvertently blown back by wind during the process.
- At 2.50 mins, see the careful placement of the seam tape's backing tape. It is aligned against the crayon marks.
Installation of a Firestone QuickSeam FormFlash patch at a T joint of QuickSeam Splice Tape. Note there must be at least 75mm coverage from the potential leak spot