Why buy from us? - We offer the full Firestone accessories system. We are Firestone trained and since 1996 we have been selling to and assisting our customers with EPDM rubber pond linings.
EPDM Rubber Pond liner or EPDM rubber geomembrane A long term investment in full sun. The industry is now seeing over 46 years of continuing performance - always flexible & reparable - fully DIY seaming, flashing and detailing.
Firestone Pondgard EPDM Rubber 1.02mm is the perfect choice if you're considering garden pond liners, natural swimming pond liner, dam liner for a leaking farm dam, water garden liner, natural swimming pool liner, fish pond liner, aquaculture pond liner, waste water pond liner, EPDM pondliner, rubber dam liner, or liner for Wicking Garden Beds.
Firestone EPDM PondGard Rubber Pond Liner is the perfect product for: Residential decorative ponds, Streams, waterfalls and fountains, Commercial decorative ponds, Reflection ponds, Swimming ponds, Natural swimming pools, Artificial lakes, Golf course water features, Leisure park water features
Buy from us - We offer the full Firestone accessories system. We are Firestone trained and since 1996 we have been selling to and assisting our customers with EPDM rubber pond linings.
Why use Firestone PondGard EPDM 1.02mm thick rubber pondliner or EPDM rubber geomembrane over other types of pond and dam liner?
- It's ecologically friendly and has low environmental impact in production and use.
- Fish friendly
- It's ability to S-T-R-E-T-C-H even in temperatures down to minus 45degC, means that it is not effected structurally by folds and pleats. This is not possible with hard and stiff HDPE pond and dam liners
- It's simplicity with DIY installation and possible later patching and repairing.
- In the industry, EPDM rubber geomembrane lining products shows proven resistance to sunlight UV. - Since 1973 Firestone's first liner project is still going strong, a 12,000 sq m dam in hot Southern Spain
- In our many years of selling EPDM pond and dam liner, we have never had a warranty claim.
- Lasting Beauty - PondGard liners display outstanding resistance to UV exposure, ozone, frost, snow and extreme temperatures. Developed to protect against microbial attacks from algae growth, Firestone EPDM rubber pond liners contain no migrating plasticizers – which means no cracking or splitting. This means twenty years after installation; many water features built with PondGard Rubber Liner are as functional and beautiful as the day they were installed.
- For roofing, the same product with fire retardants called RubberGard EPDM is used extensively in UK, Europe, Asia and USA for lightweight roofing membrane in full sun and in climates from freezing to the tropics. No other flexible membrane compares to the known longevity
PLEASE NOTE: One of the major applications worldwide for Firestone EPDM Rubber Liner is to replace failed stiff plastic dam and pond liners and failed malthoid and bitumen roofing membranes.
Consider Firestone PondGard EPDM over Geosynthetic Clay Liner (GCL), HDPE and LDPE liners
After completing your research, you will find nothing else compares to the long-term value of this investment. We recommend the most respected pond liner available which is Firestone PondGard EPDM or EPDM rubber geomembrane.
Firestone has 100 years of credibility. Clearpond Proliner EPDM, Giscolene EPDM membranes, Carlisle EPDM Pond liner, Prelasti Waterproofing EPDM Geomembrane, Pirelli EPDM Sheet Membrane and Ozliner EPDM Pond Liner Australia are other brands available in Australia.
- BAMBOO: It is advisable not to use any liner membrane systems adjacent to bamboo vegetation because of potential penetration by it's sharp pointy rhizome shoots. If to be the case, to reduce the potential problem an impenetrable continuous vertical in-ground barrier to well below the root ball made of hard plastic or reinforced concrete must be installed between the the bamboo & the pond wall.
- RAPID SET CONCRETE: Do not use Rapid Set Concrete to prepare the base or substrate. The hexavalent chromium compounds, as an ingredient, will cause most liner geomembranes to crumble & crack - see Chemical Resistance Chart in the Technical Information category
LINER FLOATING UP: There are three reasons for this possible occurrence:
- Rising water table: Liner may rise to the surface in bulges if the surrounding water table rises during a prolonged wet period. If your pond or dam is to built in a depression, a hydrastatic valve must be installed and sealed correctly through the liner into a gravel pit below the liner at the lowest point. This will allow a balance of the ground water pressure by under-liner water escaping through the one-way valve into the pond water.
- Potential of rising water table from a spring. If there is a known spring and the pond or dam is higher than the surrounding land then a network of slotted drain pipes must be fitted into the profile under the liner to allow this continuous water under the liner to waste away. A good example for this is if you dam a ravine or gully. A waste pipe should be placed through the base of the wall to allow under-liner water to escape.
- Gas below the liner: If liner is to be placed over buried vegetation, in time, gas will escape causing bulging. It is essential to vent under the liner.
For correct preparation, refer to Section 1 (Design) - Installation Guidelines in the Technical Information category.